The Ladies Book Club of the Ninety-Ninth Precinct (2335 words) by igrockspock
Fandom: Brooklyn Nine-Nine (TV)
Rating: General Audiences
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Characters: Rosa Diaz, Amy Santiago, Jake Peralta
Additional Tags: Misses Clause Challenge, Female Friendship, Bechdel Test Pass
The rules of the book club are as follows:
1. Book club is called book club. If you have some other stupid name for it, don't say it out loud.
2. No inviting boys.
3. No inviting Gina. She only reads Twilight.
4. No graphic violence (in books, or at meetings).
5. Nothing approximating a romance novel.
6. No setting disagreeable selections on fire.
I try not to be obsessed with hits or kudos or things, but I'm super-psyched the story did well, not the least because it was an eleventh-hour treat and I almost didn't post it. I am officially banned from Yuletide next year because I defaulted two years in a row, and I know I could get myself un-banned, but I'm choosing not to. I think I have learned my lesson about ginormous, multi-fandom exchanges in which I am not guaranteed to have anything in common with my assigned recipient. I need to write treats and pick up pinch hits and leave it at that.